As you mature into adulthood, your boundaries change. You no longer are required to adhere to your parents direction, guidance or input. Many of the women I work with still place the needs and feelings of their caregivers above their own. Because of this, much pain and confusion ensues.
You may need to set a boundary with your parent if:
- You feel you have to care for them emotionally
- They try to compete with or “one up” you
- They play the victim card
- They manipulate your children (their grandchildren)
- They muddle in your business
- They guilt trip you for time apart
- They ghost you in the face of conflict
If you are tired of being treated like a child but you aren’t sure how to get out of this pattern, boundaries are a great place to start. You can and should step into your fullest potential, even if it doesn’t meet the expectations of those you love most.
Courses on Boundaries, Heal from Codependency, Stewardship, and Rising Daughters are all available immediately for access to every active DYW member. Not only do you receive the self-paced video courses, but you get access to a monthly masterclass (including all the previous ones), bonus content, and email support with me.
Don’t wait… Join us today!
Now is the time to Discover Your Worth.