Me too. This is what I have learned. Not every friend you have is going to be a good friend. Some will enter your life, and some will stay. Others won’t. That is okay.
There are a few red flags to watch for when making new friends with other women. These don’t mean the friendship won’t work, they simply mean you should tread lightly (and slowly).
- They get mad when you don’t text them back right away
- They get jealous or upset if you hang with other women
- They over analyze or criticize you for changing plans
- They wonder if you are mad at them when you told them “no”
- They draw close to you, then pull away quickly (on repeat)
These are just a few reminders for you as you work to secure safe, close relationships. Remember, you will want to become the person you want in your relationships. It won’t always be easy. And yes, there will be detours and challenges even with the good friends, but the good relationships are worth fighting for. Just be sure you and her are fighting for the same things.
Courses on Boundaries, Heal from Codependency, Stewardship, and Rising Daughters are all available immediately for access to every active DYW member. Not only do you receive the self-paced video courses, but you get access to a monthly masterclass (including all the previous ones), bonus content, and email support with me.
Don’t wait… Join us today!
Now is the time to Discover Your Worth.